Sunday 27 September 2015



Riding in Tandem - an unusual sight!

Whilst we were enjoying a lovely family day at Avon Beach in Mudeford, I saw something I have never seen before and it made me look twice - a tandem mobility scooter. It made me think of the amazing broom with seats in Julia Donaldson's book 'Room on the Broom'. It then led me to think about using a tandem scooter, I don't think it's something I would want because I do like to be driving my wheelchair, as would Matthew if he ever needed one! I found a photo of one online .....

This is an image of a tandem mobility scooter.
It was quite big, as you'd imagine, but useful if you don't need to take it into shops and use it to get around in fairly open spaces.  It might be a problem if you need to cross the road from the pavement due to the length of it.

Avon Beach is very accessible, we visit each summer, and we can get my manual wheelchair close to the water because there is a concrete walkway along the length of the entrance to the beach. There is ramped access everywhere and radar operated toilets. It is highly recommended day out, and look out for the tandem scooter!

No comments:

Post a Comment