Wednesday 2 September 2015

Cash Point Conundrum

I had a real problem when out in town today. There are about three particular cash point machines in the high street that I like to use because many are positioned too high for me to see from my wheelchair or the screen is at the wrong angle causing a lot of glare and reflection. Unfortunately that number has now been reduced to two! One of the most accessible machines, positioned by the market, has been changed and the screen is positioned far too high for me to reach it which proved very frustrating as I then had to travel much further down the high street to get money out.

It is difficult to know what can be done to resolve the problem but it is getting worse not easier and it is really inconvenient!

Update: At the time of writing this post, I was using my old electric wheelchair because my regular electric wheelchair had a broken bearing. My old wheelchair has a lower seat which is why I had problems accessing the cash machine. It was only when my regular electric wheelchair was repaired that I realised it is much higher and that meant I could reach the cash point that I was referring to in my post. However, it is still an important point there were will be many wheelchair users, especially those using manual wheelchairs who would not be able to access the cash point.

No comments:

Post a Comment